Here is your answer. Yes, Argan and Emu oil help with your hair growth.
Emu oil is extracted from the fat layers of Emu, an Australian bird. It contains about 22 essential fatty acids responsible for the stimulation of hair follicles, making them more active and mature, resulting in hair growth.
The molecular structure of Emu oil is similar to that of the human skin, hence its ability to penetrate deeper into the lower skin levels such as the follicles. Emu oil also helps with hair regrowth after hair loss, a healthy scalp and a balanced moisture level of your hair.
Emu Shampoo and conditioner contains deep penetrating ingredients which solve dry hair and scalp problems. Omega oils in the shampoo, together with hydrating jojoba oils, penetrate the hair shaft, leaving it hydrated and restoring the hair’s proper moisture balance.
How to Use Emu Oil for Hair
Here is the procedure for the effective use of Emu oil on your hair.
Emu Oil Hair Masking
Step 1: Comb the hair. Add few drops of Emu oil on your palm and use your fingers to apply on the hair roots. You can choose to mix Emu oil with coconut oil in equal parts.
Step 2: Massage your scalp evenly in circular motions for deep penetration of the oil.
Step 3: Wrap your hair with a towel overnight, wash it in the morning using Emu shampoo, and then rinse using clean water.
Step 4: Dry the hair and apply Emu oil on the strands for a healthy shine.
Note: Theamount of Emu oil applied to the hair is dependent on the hair type and length of the hair. Curly and longer hair will require more amounts compared to short or straight hair. A little practice will get you to know the exact amount your hair requires.
Benefits of Emu Oil
- Restoration of hair follicles. Emu Oil makes hair follicles more active and mature, which boosts hair growth.
- Easy penetration into the scalp to stimulate hair growth.
- Emu oil’s anti-inflammatory properties help in healing wounds and soothing the scalp, which stimulates hair growth.
- Linoleic acid contained in Emu oils helps in preventing hair loss.
- The oil reduces oxidative stress on the scalp and helps relieve scalp infections and conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis.
- This is a good moisturizer for the hair roots and shaft.
- It is a good emulsifier and can be used with minoxidil to treat hair loss.
- It helps in preventing hair breakage as well as maintaining the original hair colour.
Argan oil is an extract of the fruits of the Argan tree in West Africa. Like Emu oils, Argan oil contains fatty acids, specifically oleic and linoleic acids, and a substantial number of antioxidants rich in Vitamin E, which has several benefits to the hair and scalp.
Argan oil helps your hair to maintain moisture and lubricate the hair shaft. The fatty layers help in preventing a dry scalp and adding some shine to your hair. It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, preventing skin conditions that affect the scalp and cause hair loss.
Research shows that palmitic, oleic and linoleic acids in Argan oil prevent hair from breakage during heat styling and the formation of split ends. The oils also help in preventing damages to hair dyes. Vitamin E in Argan oil is a significant booster of hair growth.
How to Use Argan Oil for Hair
– Apply the usual amount of shampoo on your palm, add one or two drops of Argan oil, and then rub it for proper mixing.
– Apply the mixture to your wet hair and massage thoroughly, paying attention to the scalp as well.
– Rinse the hair using clean water, then dry it.
– Use this shampooing method after every 2-3 days.
2. Leave-in conditioner
– After the usual shampooing, towel-dry the hair and pour 2-3 drops of Argan oil on your palm and apply to the hair, then style.
– Use this method twice a week.
3. Argan oil hair masking
– Apply 8-10 drops of Argan Oil on your hands and massage it on the scalp and hair such that the hair is fully masked.
– Wrap the hair in a towel overnight and rinse in the morning.
– Apply few drops on your palm and lightly rub on the top of your hair, then style as usual.
Argan and Emu oils will help with the nourishment of your scalp and hair follicles. A proper routine and consistency will help you realize the best results in your hair using these products.