With the outbreak of COVID-19, marketers are struggling to keep their businesses afloat. And the only way to do so is by managing the online reputation of the brand.
Since over 90% of consumers browse online to make their desired purchase, a stable and strong brand reputation over the web is very important. Many companies even prefer to hire an online reputation management company to serve their purpose. However, with this pandemic outbreak, all efforts are going in vain.
Hey, don’t worry. If you are reading this article at the moment, you don’t need to fret about your brand reputation even in this crisis moment. Here we have listed down a few tips that if you follow can help you to improve your reputation, retain your online position even during this pandemic situation.
Let’s have a look.
5 Easy ways to manage your online reputation amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Stay connected with your consumers: In this COVID-19 situation, your primary aim should be to stay connected with your consumers, instead of leaving them alone. Assure them that they are not alone in this crisis phase.
There are several ways to stay connected with your targeted audience and your existing customers. You can share updates about your business, letting them know about the affected working hours, strategies, and other operations. You can make effective use of social media to get in touch with the audience.
Keeping social distancing in mind, you can use live chat options to build connections and enhance your customer-business relationship. Revise your business contact information, time table, and operations and update this while sharing business-related information.
2. Keep an eye on online reviews: Online reviews are always the prime subject when it comes to brand reputation. And in this pandemic, it is the most crucial tool that needs appreciation.
Check out the online reviews related to COVID-19. When you treat your customers during this period and ask your clients to leave a review, you must keep an eye on them to gain a better understanding of their behavior.
A single negative review in this situation can bring your business down to a great extent. You just can’t wait and watch. Respond to every review, whether positive or negative. And make sure all your clients are satisfied with your services and products.
Even if there exists some negative feedback, try to fix the issue and apologize to them. Your humbleness and prompt reply add credibility and value to your brand.
3. Share informative content: It is not a time to share lame jokes. Instead, you should ensure all the posts you share on your website or social media should contain relevant information. Informative content related to COVID-19 will help your potential customers and the existing ones to learn about your brand more deeply.
The informative content not just educate the targeted audience, but even shows how loyal and caring you are towards your customers. Redesign your landing pages with all your newly developed content rich with information.
Your information may include health-related blogs, corporate messages, product availability, special services, newly-added products for the moment, and many more. You should leave no space to educate your readers.
4. Learn about the customers at the location level: For businesses, the operational guidelines and processes are different for different geographical locations during this pandemic. To be perfect at your job, you should gain an understanding of your customers at the location level.
Learn which areas are brutally affected while which areas are in the green zone. This will give you an idea regarding how to deal with every customer in different regions, keeping the health and safety guidelines in mind.
Paying attention to the feedback generated by different customers of a different location, you can learn how to resolve issues by addressing the problem. It’s not difficult. But you should take the utmost care to keep your business afloat.
5. Try to fulfill the commitment made to customers: Have you made any commitment to your customers or your targeted audience? If yes, don’t step back without fulfilling it. This is the worst mistake marketers often do.
Even if the situation is not under control and you need time to get your job done, make sure you inform the respective customers about your operations from beforehand.
In this pandemic outbreak, business operations are extremely affected. You may not be able to complete your job on time. But you should keep your customers updated about your situation and commit it whenever everything is under control.
This pandemic has excited marketers to think about their online reputation again and invest in ORM services for their own safety. What are your thoughts?
If you don’t want your business to dive away by the economical crisis created by COVID-19, you must pay attention to reputation management on a priority basis. Assess your reputation score and repair the ORM issues, seeking the guidance of the online reputation repair agency.
Stay safe, stay healthy, stay tuned online!