There are twenty IIMs in India. These IIMs offer top-notch education to a large number of management students in India. The programs offered to the students by these institutes include UG, PG, Executive Education, and Doctoral, along with many additional courses. It is the dream of every MBA aspirant to get admission into the best IIMs in India.
Here are the top IIMs in India:
- IIM Ahmedabad
It is ranked as number one in the list of top IIMs colleges in India. It was granted the Institute of National Importance by the Indian Government in 2017.
Admission Process: Admission to the IIM Ahmedabad opens, based on the entrance exams, either CAT or GMAT.
- The eligible candidates need to register at CAT/GMAT’s official website and appear for the exam.
- Once marks of the entrance exam are out, candidates need to fill the form for IIM Ahmedabad.
- The selected candidates need to go through Analytical Writing Test and Personal Interview.
- The faculty then evaluates the shortlisted candidates considering their interpersonal skills, professional background, leadership quality, etc.
MBA/PGDM: INR 10 to 23 Lakh
Executive MBA/PGXM: INR 28 Lakh
2. IIM Bangalore
IIMB was the 3rd institute established in India. And, it is a public business school and institute of national importance.
Admission Process: IIM Bangalore opens the admissions based on the CAT or GMAT entrance exams.
- The eligible students have to register at the official website of CAT/GMAT and sit for the examination.
- Candidates have to fill the form for IIM Bangalore once the entrance exam marks get released.
- The selected students have to appear for the Analytical Writing Test and Personal Interview.
MBA: INR 14 Lakh
3. IIM Calcutta
IIM Calcutta is the first IIM established in India. In 2017, the Indian Government recognized it as an Institute of National Importance.
- For MBA, the candidates need to appear in the CAT exam (With at least 85 percentile). The final selection is made considering the cumulative score of the CAT percentile, written ability test, personal interview, work experience, and past academic performance.
- Graduates in engineering can take admission for PGPEX-VLM.
- For PGDBA, the candidates require a master’s degree with at least 60% marks.
Executive MBA/MBAEx: INR 27 Lakh
Executive MBA: INR 23 Lakh
PG Program: INR 11.25 Lakh
4. IIM Lucknow
The IIM Lucknow is on a list of top IIMs colleges in India. It offers many UG and PG programs in management to the students.
- The eligible candidates need to appear in the CAT exam.
- The candidates get selected based on scores obtained in the CAT exam and appear for the WAT and the Personal Interview.
- The final selection is based on the cumulative score of CAT percentile, personal interview, WAT, work experience, past academic performance, and Scholastic achievement.
MBA/PGDM: INR 5 to 20 Lakh
Executive MBA/PGDM: INR 13 to 24 Lakh
5. IIM Kozhikode
The IIM Kozhikode is one of the best IIMs in India that was established in collaboration between Kerala and the Center Government of India. The institute offers postgraduate, executive, and research programs over several management fields.
- The eligible candidates have to register at the official websites of CAT/GMAT/GRE and appear for the exam.
- Once the entrance exam marks get released, students have to submit the application form for IIM Kozhikode.
- The selected candidates have to undergo Analytical Writing Test and Personal Interview for the final selection.
- The students get evaluated by the faculty based on the interpersonal skills, professional background, leadership quality, etc.
MBA: INR 15 to 21 Lakh
PGP: 19 Lakh