A Custom LCD Display is one of the most popular types of LCD Displays out there. You can see them at various locations like metro stations, retail stores, art museums, etc. They are primarily used for purposes of ad display or information display. These are also known as Stretched Bar LCD. And, as the name suggests, these are stretched types of displays with rectangular screens that are often hung at several locations. Although these are famous types of digital displays, there are several factors that you should keep in mind that will help you purchase the suitable one. With them, you have a wide range of sizes, resolutions, display modules, and many other specifications to choose from. Here we will be discussing about a Custom LCD Display in detail. So, let’s start.
Applications of a Stretched Bar LCD
The two main applications of bar-type displays are as follows:
- Bar Type LCD Displays: LCD is one of the common technologies in bar-style displays. These LCD bar displays are typically flat screens featuring liquid behind the display screen. This technology finds wide applications in front-view panels. The instruction panels that you see here and there are bar-style LCDs. A Stretched Bar LCD is capable of delivering a bright video display and also consumes less electricity.
- Bar Type TFT Displays: TFT technology, also known as Thin Film Transistor technology, consists of a thin screen made of transistors. It becomes an active matrix in which each transistor covers a pixel. This is considered an advanced type of technology, which is known for its quick response and offers a 180° view angle. You can either set them at a particular angle or can simply be hungover. The location of the Bar Type TFT panel will have no impact on the viewer’s experience.
Despite the differences in these technologies, it is the stretched panel appearance of both Stretched Bar LCD and bar-type TFT Displays that makes them stand out.
Key Features of a Custom LCD Display
Here, we have mentioned the specific features that are offered by a Stretched Bar LCD Panel.
- Resolution: When we speak of the resolution, we mean the pixel density. The higher the resolution, the better will be the picture quality. Resolution plays a crucial role when the need arises for the image to zoom in. The 8.8” Custom LCD Display offers an astounding resolution of 480X RGBX 1920 resolution, a resolution that is suitable for both bar-type TFT panels and bar LCD panels.
- Display Mode: The display characteristics of the digital screen is indicated by the display mode. It refers to the number of colors in the panel and also the maximum image resolution. What’s more? These 8.8 inches Stretched Bar LCD Panels feature in-plane switching (IPS) display mode.
- Interface: The interface is an intermediate interaction processor between humans and machines. The interface offers control parameters and monitoring protocols, thereby maintaining a compatible human-machine relationship. A Custom LCD Display features a MIPI display interface.
- Brightness: Stretched Bar LCD Panels deliver 6000 lumens of brightness, and that is just sufficient to produce a clear picture in bright natural light.
- Active and Overall Area: Speaking about the overall area of these panels, it is 64.3X 213.3x 6.1 mm, and the active display screen area is 54.72X 218.88 mm.
- Viewing Angle: This refers to the angle from which the user can observe everything on the screen from different directions. Color distortion will occur when viewing beyond this range since the light source that provides the liquid crystal display has a certain directionality when it is output after refraction and reflection.
- Contrast: The ratio of the brightness of the same point on the screen when it is at its brightest (white) and its darkest( black) is what we mean by contrast. High contrast means high vividness of colors and high brightness.
- Response Time: This is the speed at which each pixel of the liquid crystal display responds to the input signal, or to say it differently, it is the time taken by the pixels to change from bright to dark or from dark to bright. You might have heard someone saying 5ms and 8 ms. This is nothing but refers to the response time. There will be no tail shadow dragging feeling, while you are watching dynamic pictures.
So, the aforementioned points clearly establish the fact that a Custom Bar LCD is quite popular and is in vogue nowadays. All you need to do is to execute a quick online search and look for reputed companies that produce display modules using technologies like LCD, TFT, LED, OLED, etc. Check to see whether their products are ISO 9001 and ISO 4001 compliant, as that is something that would ensure top-of-the-line products.